Friday, July 2, 2010

So Excited!

Hi guys! Cacey and I are getting anxious to be in Africa!

For those of you who don't know, my sister Cacey and I will be going to Africa for about five months. Before we reach Africa, my family, Jarred, a few friends, and I will be going to Switzerland for ten days to visit Nadia (our exchange student from Switzerland). We will mostly be in Zurich and Interlaken and we are SOOO EXCITED! After my family leaves to go back home, Jarred and I will be going to Rome and Venice for a few days, while Cacey stays with Nadia.

On July 19, Cacey and I fly to Nairobi, Kenya! I will be going on to Tanzania to volunteer in an orphanage for babies called Forever Angels. It is the same place I volunteered at two years ago for one month. Cacey will be staying with a friend in Kenya, working in a hotel until September, and then joining me at the baby home from September to December. Yeaaaah!

Like I said, we are SOOO excited to be there! I can't wait to see the babies!!!! My heart has ached for so many months missing them. Here are two pictures from my trip before. You can see how happy I was in these moments. Ahhh! I am so excited, so excited, so excited!







While we are craving African babies in our arms, we are also saying goodbye to our friends and family, which is proving to be more difficult than I imagined it would be. We both want to thank everyone who has supported us on this journey; not only the donations we have received for the babies, but also for the love and encouragement you have given us to pursue our dream of helping those in need. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

So, this is our first attempt at keeping a blog. Be patient with us. Cacey and I will try to switch off posting info on our travels. We will probably only have internet access once a week or so...although, if it takes us longer to post, please don't have a heart attack. WE ARE OKAY! The places we are going are very safe and we will be taken care of. :)

Love you guys! Wishing you all the best for the next six months! Please comment, email, and facebook us too. We want to know what's happening in your lives too! :) Muah!

8 comments:

  1. Hey, you little 'Angels'... Just want to stop by, say hi... and wish you both the best life experiences possible... God Speed and Blessings Always as you do His work with all the love in your hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you guys. Love you so much and miss you Rocky! I look forward to following your amazing journey! You inspire me everyday, such true examples of being a Christian. xoxo, Chuck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ciara! I"ll be following along. Wondering how different your experience will be with your increased training...I'll be curious :)
    Stay safe...Lisa K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ciara! I'll be following along. It will be interesting to see how this experience differs from your last now that you're a "clinician". Stay safe!
    Lisa K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girls, Its your Mama, I miss you already so please post often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checking in with you two... via FB, it sounds like you are having quite a time, Ciara... I hope you are also really enjoying your time, Cacey! Love you guys, stay safe, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi from Gram....just got the email telling me that you are safe and sound in Nairobi! Happy to hear that you are in a hotel room and that Cacey was picked up by her rugby friends as planned. My heart can stop racing a thousand miles an hour now. At least for this day. luv you both....see ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cacey, it was wonderful talking with you on facebook this morning. I was thinking of trying skype (?) too. IF I don't have to get a camera! Yikes. I think it might be a good idea for you to just stay in and read until Sept. Please, please, please have Guy teach you how to drive a stick shift. You really do need to learn how to do that...just in case. You just never know when you might need to use that skill.
    I would love to have a bead snowflake also. They sound beautiful. Hope you can help them sell a lot. But not right now. I will be on here every day at noon for sure....that is 10 pm your time then we can chat. I L Y..
    Gram

    ReplyDelete